Houston, TX 77042 US
The Staff Accountant will work on the company s general accounting functions including but not limited to: month and quarter-end close, preparation and analysis of financial reports, journal entries, fixed assets, balance sheet reconciliation, inventory, and intercompany transactions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of period close, required reports, and journal entries to create and support processes that meet required company deadlines
Create and enter journal entries with supporting backup and file all JEs in accordance with policy
Perform balance sheet reconciliations monthly and analyze all reconciling items on a timely basis to determine root cause and provide corrective action
Audit and reconcile inventory and provide recommendations for process improvements
Assist with SOX testing quarterly and bi-annually
Prepare SOX compliant documentation for all activities
Provide support and assistance with audits (internal, SOX, tax, etc.)
Communicate with Business Managers and provide assistance and guidance for requests related to accounting functions, policies, and procedures
Drive effective accounting solutions that improve the company s standard of excellence
Other inquiries and duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
EDUCATION: BACHELOR'S DEGREE MANDATORY - BA/BSc in Business with an emphasis in Accounting/Finance
WORKING HOURS: 8AM - 5PM
MAY BE OT REQUIRED IF NECESSARY
HYBRID SCHEDULE OFFERED - TWO DAYS WORK FROM HOME, 3 DAYS IN OFFICE
TEAM SIZE - 1
MANAGER IS LOOKING FOR 2 OR MORE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
MANAGER'S MOST IMPORTANT SKILL SET AND EXPERIENCE SHOWN BELOW - ENSURE THIS IS CLEARLY SHOWN IN THE RESUME
- Must be Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Must be independent and able to work in a team-based environment to meet monthly deadlines and goals
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and oral) skills, problem solving skills, and keen attention to detail
- Willing to work the hours necessary to enable the business to continually exceed expectations.
- Ability to juggle several time-sensitive projects simultaneously
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
BA/BSc in Business with an emphasis in Accounting/Finance
Understanding of GAAP and statutory accounting concepts and principles.
Must be Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
Must be independent and able to work in a team-based environment to meet monthly deadlines and goals
Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and oral) skills, problem solving skills, and keen attention to detail
Willing to work the hours necessary to enable the business to continually exceed expectations.
Ability to juggle several time-sensitive projects simultaneously
Exposure to enterprise resource planning software. Exposure to HFM and Smartview is a plus
The pay range for this position is $25.00-31.00 per hour; however, the pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This pay information is being provided pursuant to applicable law and is based in part on market location.
Must have a valid driver s license and current state required minimum vehicle insurance coverage to drive onto Client and Company property.
The benefits available with this position include:
- Ongoing Training (RSO, Systems, Software Programs, OSHA Safety, JJ Keller, etc.)
- Continuous Employment Development and Learning
- Ongoing Advocacy, internal assets with HSE, Legal and HR teams and experts to aid in Employee Career Path and Advancement
- Aetna Group Medical Coverage & Kaiser for California only
- Dental Insurance Coverage
- Vision Insurance Coverage
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Direct Deposit
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
Cenergy is a dynamic, diverse, woman-owned company that has provided stellar support to our clients globally for over 25 years! We hire extraordinary people, and each of our team members are encouraged to embody our core values to drive innovation and own it with integrity and trust while adding to our positive and forward-thinking atmosphere.