Sr. Electrical Engineer
Houston, TX 77041 US
Perform a variety of electrical engineering tasks designing, planning, and overseeing the design and development of components, systems, and machinery used in BOP control systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research, develop, and design electronic interface circuitry applications for control of products.
- Lead designers in the development of electrical, schematic, interconnect, cabling, and assembly drawings.
- Ensure equipment scope and content is defined during initial design processes.
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems for new commercial, domestic, and industrial uses.
- Direct activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Coordinate design projects to assure maximum utilization of engineering expertise.
- Provide leadership in preparation, and ensure that projects are controlled with regard to scope, schedule, budget, performing appraisal, etc.
- Establish design criteria for projects using required codes and standards.
- Review contractual content to ensure technical and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure subsequent design changes are documented and transmitted as required to internal and external resources.
- Assist sales group in defining engineering parameters for quotations.
- Work with customers (internal/external) and review project defining documents to understand project requirements.
- Engineer components/assemblies for BOP control systems in accordance with customer contract and applicable codes and standards.
- Participate in design review.
- Provide manufacturing with technical assistance.
- Provide technical support during testing.
- Review and approve engineering documentation.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required.
- 5 or more years of work experience in designing control systems.
- Knowledge of hazardous area standards including, but not limited to, ATEX, IECEx, and NEC is preferred.
- Knowledge of ABS, DNVGL, and API standards pertaining to BOP control systems is preferred.
- CompEx training or equivalent is a plus.
***EDUCATION REQUIRED - BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING***
SCHEDULE: TYPICALLY, FROM 8: 00AM TO 5: 00PM - FLEXIBLE ON START & END TIMES - COULD BE 7: 00AM TO 4: 00PM OR 9: 00AM TO 6: 00PM
HYBRID AVAILABLE AFTER 3 MONTHS - 2 DAYS REMOTE, 3 DAYS WORKING IN THE OFFICE
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5 OR MORE YEARS OF WORK EXPERIENCE IN DESIGNING CONTROL SYSTEMS
- KNOWLEDGE OF HAZARDOUS AREA STANDARDS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ATEX, IECEX, AND NEC IS PREFERRED.
- KNOWLEDGE OF ABS, NDVGL, AND API STANDARDS PERTAINING TO BOP CONTROL SYSTEMS IS PREFERRED.
- EXPERIENCE WITH ROCKWELL AADVANCE, CONTROLLOGIX, COMPACTLOGIX, AND/OR GE FANUC HARDWARE
INTERVIEW PROCESS: 1ST ROUND WILL BE CONDUCTED VIA MS TEAMS & 2ND ROUND WILL BE CONDUCTED IN PERSON.
The salary range for this position is $100K-120K per year, however, the salary offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This salary information is being provided pursuant to applicable law and is based in part on market location.
The benefits available with this position include:
Ongoing Training (RSO, Systems, Software Programs, OSHA Safety, JJ Keller, etc.)
Continuous Employment Development and Learning
Ongoing Advocacy, internal assets with HSE, Legal and HR teams and experts to aid in Employee Career Path and Advancement
Aetna Group Medical Coverage & Kaiser for California only
Dental Insurance Coverage
Vision Insurance Coverage
Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
Long Term Disability
Voluntary Short-Term Disability
Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
Cenergy is a dynamic, diverse, woman-owned company that has provided stellar support to our clients globally for over 25 years! We hire extraordinary people, and each of our team members are encouraged to embody our core values to drive innovation and own it with integrity and trust while adding to our positive and forward-thinking atmosphere.