Seconded Project Engineer
Deer Park, TX 77536 US
This opportunity is onsite and located at: 5900 Highway 225 Deer Park, TX 77536
Schedule: 9/80- Monday-Friday with rotating Fridays off and up to 2 days working remotely.
Provide project engineering leadership for a portfolio of Capital Projects (typically below $20 million each) at the Deer Park Chemical site. Accountable for safety, delivery of a functioning system that solves the problem or realizes the opportunity, cost, and schedule for assigned set of projects.
NOTE: This can vary depending on year, project details, and experience of the Project Engineer
- Safely executes capital projects from front-end development (Identify, Assess, Select, & Define phases) to detailed design and construction (Execute phase) including procurement, cost control and schedule management.
- Manages simultaneous projects with competing priorities in various phases on a wide variety of manufacturing processes in the chemical complex.
- Develops project scopes in collaboration with operations, process engineering, and disciplines.
- Ensures the proper technical authority approves the design including the appropriate technical authority of equipment specification and drawings.
- Oversees engineering execution utilizing either on-site or off-site disciplines/engineering companies.
- Coordinates with company P&T regarding Project Assurance and Technical Assurance activities (where applicable).
- Collaborates with project controls organization to develop project cost estimates and schedules for each phase and for final funding.
- Meets project cost and schedule requirements and provides accurate forecasting.
- Works with procurement to develop/implement a procurement strategy for each project.
- Works with environmental to ensure permitting strategy/compliance.
- Assists with the development of equipment and material bid specification, bid evaluation and selection.
- Works with Independent Project Analysis (IPA) to review and score projects against the specified criteria at multiple phases depending on the size/complexity of the project (where applicable)
- Accountable for working with construction and ensuring proper construction management and safety plans are in place.
- Coordinates personnel and contractor partners to assure that field activities are completed safely, on time, within budget, and in accordance with the design requirements.
- Supports construction safety expectations by spending time in the field.
- Assists with mechanical start-up plans and procedures, provides technical support during start-up, supports training activities, and assures documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Provides appropriate files to maintenance and operations for record keeping.
- Creates or assembles all documents for project closure.
- Follows the plant Management of Change (MOC) process
- Ensuring each project meets premises, is scoped in front-end to solve the identified problem, and then is executed efficiently and competitively.
- Integrating resource needs across Engineering & Technology and Maintenance Turnarounds Construction (MTAC) organization.
- Balancing project execution with stakeholder expectations in a portfolio management environment.
- Demonstrating strong safety leadership, hazard recognition, and mitigation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering preferred.
- 10 years of experience in Refinery or Petrochemical Plant Engineering is desired.
- 5-10 years of Project Engineering experience is required.
- A practical working knowledge of refinery/chemical processes, process equipment, and general project procedures is required
- TWIC Card is required
The pay range for this position is $75.00-$100.00 per hour; however, the pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This pay information is being provided pursuant to applicable law and is based in part on market location.
Must have a valid driver s license and current state required minimum vehicle insurance coverage to drive onto Client and Company property.
The benefits available with this position include:
- Ongoing Training (RSO, Systems, Software Programs, OSHA Safety, JJ Keller, etc.)
- Continuous Employment Development and Learning
- Ongoing Advocacy, internal assets with HSE, Legal and HR teams and experts to aid in Employee Career Path and Advancement
- Aetna Group Medical Coverage & Kaiser for California only
- Dental Insurance Coverage
- Vision Insurance Coverage
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Direct Deposit
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
Cenergy is a dynamic, diverse, woman-owned company that has provided stellar support to our clients globally for over 25 years! We hire extraordinary people, and each of our team members are encouraged to embody our core values to drive innovation and own it with integrity and trust while adding to our positive and forward-thinking atmosphere.