Materials Management Advisor III
Spring, TX 77389 US
This opportunity is on-site and is located at 22777 Springwoods Village Parkway, Spring, TX 77389
Reporting to the Regional Project Procurement Manager, or Project Procurement Manager / Lead (as applicable), the Project Procurement Advisor (PPA) is a key, integrated member of a major capital project team, responsible for carrying out planning and execution of all activities related to purchasing, expediting, logistics, field materials management and EPC subcontracting. Given that a PPA s involvement on a project spans from early Stage 2 through Stage 4 facilitate handover to Operations, as well as may include support of both large, complex projects and smaller regional projects, the PPA position can be defined in three specific roles:
1) PPA Development (PPA-D) Onboarding early in Stage 2, the PPA-D supports the development and implementation of project procurement strategies and plans related to equipment and material purchasing (including long lead items), transportation and logistics, onsite materials management and subcontracting activities. Additionally, the PPA-D facilitates execution of early non-WBS service contracts (ex: early study contracts). PPA-D activities typically span through mid/later Stage 3, when the Project nears execution phase. At that time, the PPA role shifts to an execution / EPC oversight and advisory role, defined below.
The PPA-D serves as the point of contact for Project Leadership Team, GPP and CEP Execution Planning regarding planning activities related to the Materials Management function.
2) PPA Execution (PPA-E) Transitioning from the PPA-D around mid/later Stage 3, the PPA-E supports the purchasing / subcontracting activities performed by the EPC contractor and/or in-house procurement group, and ensures progression of aligned commercial strategies to drive schedule and capital efficiencies, while ensuring operational integrity in support of the Project Objectives & Strategies (POS). The PPA Execution typically onboards to a capital project post-Checkpoint 1 in Stage 3, and supports the project through facility handover to Operations, surplus / scrap material disposal and administrative closeout of the project.
In the event there is no PPM / Lead assigned to the project, the PPA-E serves as the point of contact for Project Leadership Team, GPP and CEP Execution Planning regarding execution phase activities related to the Materials Management function.
3) Area Project Procurement Advisor Reporting to the Regional Project Procurement Manager, the Area Project Procurement Advisor (PPA) is a key member of a site-based capital project team organization and serves as the focus for all activities relating to purchasing, contracting / subcontracting, and inventory management, from procurement planning to material warehousing. The Area PPA typically supports multiple smaller value site projects and influences commercial strategies to drive value and capital efficiency while ensuring operational integrity. For regional projects leveraging EPC procurement support, the Area PPA oversees the EPC organization relative to planning and execution of all materials management activities. Given that the Area PPA will typically oversee multiple projects, the Area PPA will also focus on site-specific service contracts and materials agreements to drive efficiencies and cost savings in procurement activities across their portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Participate in the early Stage 2 Execution Strategy Framework Process, entailing development and endorsement of the overarching Project Execution Strategy, Contracting Strategy, WBS and high level Materials Management Strategy
Drive development and endorsement of formal Company Materials Management deliverables
? Stage 2 Materials Management Impact Assessment
? Stage 2 Project Purchasing Strategy
? Stage 2 Initial Project Materials Management Plan
? Stage 2 Initial Subcontracting Plan
? Stage 3 Updated Project Materials Management Plan
? Stage 3 Updated Subcontracting Plan
Compile project equipment list and major subcontract list, with associated commercial strategies, aligned bidder(s) lists, target schedules for bid and award, and key evaluation criteria
Finalize Long Lead Equipment (LLE) list and procurement schedule, incorporating considerations such as lead time, construction sequence or early vendor data needs.
Drive alignment discussions with project, operations to define spare parts procurement strategy and roles and responsibilities
Develop of early Project logistics and field materials management strategies, including:
? Early considerations for critical or heavy haul equipment packages
? Regulatory requirements for customs clearance, import licensing, etc.
? Early Project Materials Management strategy, including scope and resourcing strategy
(NOTE where Materials Management Coordinator is supporting the Project, liaise with MM Coordinator to support above)
Participate in formal project planning engagements, including Stage 2 Kickoff Meeting and IPR representing equipment procurement and subcontracting
Provide technical input to EPC bid/contract development (Coordination Procedures, Pre-Selects, Project Source List, EPC evaluation criteria)
Support evaluation of procurement and subcontracting content within EPC contractor proposals, including assessment of EPC Procurement capabilities and resource / organizational plan
Lead efforts to obtain and communicate global market intel and project sourcing best practices to project team and EPC; engage with Company Global Procurement (Equipment & Materials, Global Sourcing, etc. To support).
Develop initial and updated Project Supplier List (PSL), including consideration of global suppliers and other opportunities to increase efficiency and decrease total installed cost.
Oversee EPC Contractor Pre-FEED activities related to Materials Management function, including review and feedback to 30/60/90 day procurement, materials management and subcontracting plans and procedures
? Includes review of standard RFQ documents for completeness and effectives
? Includes review of standard PO and subcontract Ts and Cs for applicable flowdown of prime contract requirements, including coordination of functional review (Tax, Treasurers, Controllers, Audit, Risk Management, Law, etc.) as required.
Lead execution of Long Lead Equipment (LLE) purchase commitments in addition to facilitate contract execution of early service contracts (studies, etc.).
Support Project cost estimate development by stewarding process to obtain functional market data / supplier budgetary quotations based upon updated specifications.
Support other disciplines (Engineering, Controllers, Project Quality, etc.) to achieve early stage objectives and deliverables, including review and input to plans and strategy documents.
Ensure smooth transition of project support from PPA - Development to PPA - Execution, typically after Checkpoint 1 or FEED contractor mobilization.
Beginning around mid-to-late Stage 3, serve as project focal point for execution of equipment and material procurement, commercial valuation, award, expediting, logistics planning and execution, field materials management and EPC Subcontracting
Oversee EPC in of subcontracting activities (including ancillary service scopes), from bid list development, bidder qualification and contract award thru closeout
As formal Company Materials Management Stage 3 Deliverable, support update of Project Materials Management Plan to incorporate project developments, engagement with FEED contractor, and additional detail around project logistics and materials management strategies. Liaise with Project Materials Management Coordinator as applicable.
Finalize project equipment list and major subcontract list, including associated commercial strategies, aligned bidder(s) lists, schedules for bid and award, and key evaluation criteria
Lead bidding and award of LLE packages and novation / assignment to EPC as applicable
Ensure EPC Procurement team is ready for execution of full equipment list upon Project Full Funding; key oversight areas include:
o Final review of EPC procurement, expediting, logistics and field MM plans and procedures
o Assurance of EPC alignment with endorsed schedule for equipment packages
o Final review EPC of RFQ documents and terms and conditions
o Assurance of EPC supplier qualification efforts to finalize package bid lists, as applicable
o Ensuring EPC procurement, logistics and field MM resources are effectively staffed for execution
Oversee EPC execution of procurement activities for full slate of equipment list, from package preparation to bidding, evaluation, award, expediting, logistics execution and delivery to site
For RC contracts, monitor commercial competitiveness of EPC negotiations with suppliers and adherence to delivery schedule, including participation in bid clarification meetings, negotiations and progress updates with suppliers
Escalate EPC and/or supplier performance issues to PPM / Lead, Category Management and Project Team with potential significant impact to project execution
Leverage relationships with EPC, supplier community and Category Management to escalate and mitigate order execution issues in a timely and effective manner
Remain continuously engaged with key disciplines such as Engineering, Quality and Construction to ensure all cross-functional awareness of status and issue mitigation efforts
Ensure proactive vetting and procurement of spare parts and vendor documentation expediting by EPC
Monitor logistics progress and compliance by EPC
Regularly engage with Global Procurement network regarding industry trends, lessons learned and commercial opportunities.
Oversee execution of EPC subcontracting activities from bid list development to field subcontractor management and subcontract closeout.
As applicable, mobilize to field to oversee field procurement, OS&Ds, field materials management and field subcontracting activities near start of construction.
o NOTE Based upon Project size and complexity, Materials Management Coordinator (MMC) position may be added to Project organization. Reference MMC Job Description.
Ensure effective closeout of Procurement activities by EPC, including:
o Compilation of all vendor data
o Final payment to supplier and PO closeout
o Transfer of PO Warranties to Operations
Capture Lessons Learned for communication to Global Projects Procurement and Global Projects Company
NOTE The Area PPA will carry out the same tasks and responsibilities of the PPA-D and PPA-E, depending upon stage of the project. The key delineations are as follows:
The Area PPA will support multiple projects within a site capital project portfolio, with an approximate cumulative value of ~$1G.
Though the Area PPA will be responsible for development of procurement strategies for each individual projects, there is potentially greater emphasis on leverage of site specific materials agreement or long term service contracts. Additionally, there is greater opportunity for bundling procurement scopes across projects to achieve cost savings.
Site projects will not have a PPM / Lead; the Area PPA reports to the Regional Project Procurement Manager.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Experience in Materials Management preferred
BS in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Supply Chain Management preferred
Broad understanding of project execution and materials management principles, theories, and concepts
Willing to business travel or relocate to project sites (domestic / overseas)
Owner/Operator experience in project management roles preferred
For more information, please email us at recruiters@cenergyintl.Com
The pay range for this position is $100.00 - $110.00 per hour; however, the pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This pay information is being provided pursuant to applicable law and is based in part on market location.
Must have a valid driver s license and current state required minimum vehicle insurance coverage to drive onto Client and Company property.
The benefits available with this position include:
- Ongoing Training (RSO, Systems, Software Programs, OSHA Safety, JJ Keller, etc.)
- Continuous Employment Development and Learning
- Ongoing Advocacy, internal assets with HSE, Legal and HR teams and experts to aid in Employee Career Path and Advancement
- Aetna Group Medical Coverage & Kaiser for California only
- Dental Insurance Coverage
- Vision Insurance Coverage
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Direct Deposit
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
Cenergy is a dynamic, diverse, woman-owned company that has provided stellar support to our clients globally for over 25 years! We hire extraordinary people, and each of our team members are encouraged to embody our core values to drive innovation and own it with integrity and trust while adding to our positive and forward-thinking atmosphere.