Jacksonville, FL 32254 US
Overview - Working primarily in shipping and likely have some flex responsibilities to other material handling duties. The role of the water spider in Lean manufacturing is to be present on the production floor at all times. They monitor stock supplies around workstations, replenish where necessary, communicate shortages to management, and overall support the optimization of the work system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible for performing routine product support duties following well defined procedures and processes in one or more of the following functions: parts identification, shipping, receiving, warehouse, stock handling, parts handling, etc. Position requires close supervision with detailed instruction and training.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Identify parts using simple and proper identification methods and equipment indicated by the pick list or WIP, blueprint and/or customer requirements.
2. Prepare parts and/or materials to assure safe handling for shipment including the completion of the necessary paperwork. 3. Prepare packaging per specifications for shipment including computer input for necessary labels.
4. Check and identify parts by type or part number. 5. Prepare parts for storage and place stock in proper location as directed. 6. Select parts from stock to fill orders according to parts lists. 7. Maintain and access necessary records utilizing a computer. If applicable, execute some advanced CICS functions such as issue requisition, release requisition, edit and fill shortage requisitions.
8. Following route/route sheet instructions, move parts between functions or teams using a forklift or other moving devices. 9. Package or repackage parts to prevent damage during movement or handling. 10. Request and stage tooling required to support team schedules. 11. Audit material storage areas to support inventory location and count accuracy.
Secondary Responsibilities/Non Essential Functions:
1. Maintains appropriate knowledge and ability levels to efficiently perform all assigned work and utilizes this knowledge base to become proficient on new/unfamiliar assignments 2. May be required to assist in sub-assembly area. 3. Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area. Maintains a satisfactory high level of performance. 4. Actively participates in lean/continuous initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Applies lean concepts and tools in work areas.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 0-1 year product support or related experience or demonstrated ability to perform described position responsibilities.
2. Able to implement and effectively apply lean/continuous improvement initiatives.
3. Able to effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
4. Able to use job specific software applications.
5. The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers about work product and processes and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Must be able to read and understand written instructions, procedures, forms and specifications. Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
6. For Parker employees in this position, participation in and completion of Powerlift Operator Training Program (forklift) is required.
7. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
8. May be required to operate moving equipment and saw equipment and meet OSHA safety qualifications.
Typical Mental and Physical Demands:
The person in this position needs to frequently move about inside the plant to prepare parts for shipment, storage, fill orders, count inventory, and move materials. The team member frequently operates computers and office productivity machinery; occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to retrieve or store parts or materials; and frequently moves materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Frequently is exposed to noise, dust, gas and fumes and works near hazardous equipment or machinery.
Must have a valid driver s license and current state required minimum vehicle insurance coverage to drive onto Client and Company property.
The pay range for this position is $16.50-$17.50 per hour; however, the pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This pay information is being provided pursuant to applicable law and is based in part on market location.
The benefits available with this position include:
- Ongoing Training (RSO, Systems, Software Programs, OSHA Safety, JJ Keller, etc.)
- Continuous Employment Development and Learning
- Ongoing Advocacy, internal assets with HSE, Legal and HR teams and experts to aid in Employee Career Path and Advancement
- Aetna & Kaiser Group Medical Coverage
- Dental Insurance Coverage
- Vision Insurance Coverage
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Access to Health Joy
- GAP Medical Coverage
- Direct Deposit
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
Cenergy is a dynamic, diverse, woman-owned company that has provided stellar support to our clients globally for over 25 years! We hire extraordinary people, and each of our team members are encouraged to embody our core values to drive innovation and own it with integrity and trust while adding to our positive and forward-thinking atmosphere.