MPD Field Service Technician
Willis, TX 77378 US
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the setup, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the NOV MPD Controls Systems for onsite MPD applications. The candidate will be responsible for safely and efficiently performing tasks related to Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) and Rotating Control Devices (RCD) equipment including but not limited to choke operation and pressure monitoring. Candidate will be required to rig up, maintain and operate all MPD and RCD equipment on a rig site.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure full compliance with NOV and customer's HSE policies.
- Install and operate the MPD Control System on rigs.
- Understand some technical aspects of the MPD activities during the project
- Provide project support and technical advice to client, drilling contractor and MPD operational personnel via the Well Site Supervisor (WSS).
- Assist with the development of the end of well report (EOWR)
- Develop event graphs on regular basis or on customer demand.
- Ensure the compliance of, and the implementation, of all Q&HSE procedures during the operational project activity.
- Calibrate, document, troubleshoot, and repair/replace instrumentation for systems that measure and control level, temperature, pressure, flow, and other process variables.
- Assist with rig up and rig down of equipment on each well under the guidance of the WSS.
- Develop a systematic approach to troubleshooting and assist where needed.
- Maintain a constant support of the drilling operation.
- Perform maintenance and system checks on the MPD equipment.
- Monitor the operation of the choke manifold and supporting equipment, and to operate system components under the strict guidance of the WSS.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
DURATION: UP TO 6-12 MONTHS WITH THE POSSIBILITY TO CONVERT TO DIRECT HIRE DEPENDING ON PERFORMANCE.
ROTATION: 4 WEEKS ON, 2 WEEKS OFF (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
SCHEDULE: BOTH DAY SHIFT (6AM-6PM) AND NIGHT SHIFT (6PM-6AM) ARE AVAILABLE
PPE REQUIRED: STEEL-TOED SHOES/BOOTS, HARD HAT, GLOVES, FR CLOTHING
TRAVEL REQUIRED TO ANYWHERE NOV CURRENTLY HAS JOBS - CURRENTLY IN TEXAS AND OKLAHOMA
THE HIRING MANAGER WOULD LIKE TO HIRE ASAP. IN-PERSON INTERVIEWS FOR LOCAL CANDIDATES AND PHONE INTERVIEWS FOR NON-LOCAL CANDIDATES.
PREVIOUS COMPANIES TO LOOK FOR: PREMIUM OILFIELD TECHNOLOGIES, STASIS, FRONTIER, WEATHERFORD, NABORS, PRUITT
The main roles, include, but are not limited to the following:
- Calibration, Maintenance, Repair, Troubleshooting Project Start-up
- Operation of MPD System components
- Experienced mechanical and electrical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of the MPD Choke Control Software
- Basic understanding of setting up and operating the various MPD Applications.
- Operate multi-meters and signal generators needed to set up and calibrate instrumentation.
- Software skills: MS Office.
- 2-4 years of field experience in the oil and gas industry including drilling rig operations.
- Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including, but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Preferred Experience in the Oil & Gas Industry with a minimum of 2-3 years related to MPD/UBD/PMCD operations.
- Technical Competency with MPD Operations and Equipment.
- Good understanding of Risk Assessment and Mitigation process.
The candidate must be capable of climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, working in a confined space and from elevated platforms, and able to wear appropriate protective equipment. Position requires working extended hours during an expanded period of time and capable of providing overtime coverage as required.
- This is primarily a field position and requires worldwide travel on short notice.
- There is no set rotation and individuals can expect to be in the field in excess of 30 days at a time. This position requires shift work with a typical shift length of 12 hours, however, including change-over between shifts and attending required meetings, the average day may be 14 hours.
- If a problem with the MPD system occurs when employee is off shift, he/she will be called upon to assist with troubleshooting and repair of the problem. Projects involving MPD are multimillion-dollar ventures and down time or equipment malfunction can produce a highly stressful situation.
The pay range for this position is $30.00-42.00 per hour; however, the pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This pay information is being provided pursuant to applicable law and is based in part on market location.
Must have a valid driver s license and current state required minimum vehicle insurance coverage to drive onto Client and Company property.
The benefits available with this position include:
- Ongoing Training (RSO, Systems, Software Programs, OSHA Safety, JJ Keller, etc.)
- Continuous Employment Development and Learning
- Ongoing Advocacy, internal assets with HSE, Legal and HR teams and experts to aid in Employee Career Path and Advancement
- Aetna Group Medical Coverage & Kaiser for California only
- Dental Insurance Coverage
- Vision Insurance Coverage
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Direct Deposit
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
Cenergy is a dynamic, diverse, woman-owned company that has provided stellar support to our clients globally for over 25 years! We hire extraordinary people, and each of our team members are encouraged to embody our core values to drive innovation and own it with integrity and trust while adding to our positive and forward-thinking atmosphere.