Engineering Designer Senior
Irvine, CA 92618 US
Designs components or portions of a system of components to develop or improve existing products while reducing cost, enhancing performance, or facilitating manufacturing operations. Develops product or system layouts, drawings and schematics using computer-aided design tools and provides related technical support and coordination.
1. Under direction of design or project engineers, develops assigned portions of design by analyzing product or equipment specifications, performance requirements, and existing manufacturing capability. Performs routine design and supports fabrication of new mechanical or electromechanical components, subsystems, and systems, by applying advanced drafting and basic engineering principles.
2. Prepares product or system layouts, detailed drawings, assembly drawings, and schematics by using computer-aided design tools and following industry and/or military drawing standards. May assist in developing basic data and preparing preliminary layouts, sketches, notes and documentation in response to customer proposal requests.
3. Reviews drawings and layouts prepared by others to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications. Identifies errors, omissions, and other deficiencies.
4. Conducts routine analyses and/or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials or processes by applying advanced drafting and basic engineering principles and company standards, and generating reports, procedures, or change proposals. May provide input to development and test requirements.
5. Provides technical information as input to product engineering planning by researching manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations. May review suppliers capabilities to perform to design specifications and/or perform trade studies.
6. Recommends changes to refine and enhance products and process by applying continuous improvement principles and techniques.
7. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and/or participating in professional associations.
8. Supports the team by accomplishing related results as needed. May lead the activities of drafters or designers. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.G. Continuous improvement).
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Education and Experience
Completion of related trade school program, AA, or equivalent external training. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through seven years of related experience in and design, including two or more years at the Designer level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Extensive knowledge of drafting principles, concepts, and techniques. Advanced knowledge of design and drawing practices, tolerancing and use of computer-aided design and basic engineering analysis tools. May require basic understanding of hydraulic principles, kinematics, and stress analysis; materials selection and manufacturing methods and develops familiarity with military and commercial specifications and standards applicable to product line; electronics schematics and principles of circuit design. General knowledge of aerospace or similar industry products and customers. Ability to implement and effectively apply continuous improvement methods.
Proficient in use of 2D CAD/CAM and 3D CAD/CAM wireframe and solids work. Ability to use standard business applications software and to use project management, graphics and word processing applications to communicate status, actions, recommendations and other technical information with clarity and precision. Ability to work on complex assignments where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required. Ability to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Ability to read and interpret technical journals and reports. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
Must have a valid driver s license and current state required minimum vehicle insurance coverage to drive onto Client and Company property.
The pay range for this position is $50.00-$60.00 per hour; however, the pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This pay information is being provided pursuant to applicable law and is based in part on market location.
The benefits available with this position include:
Ongoing Training (RSO, Systems, Software Programs, OSHA Safety, JJ Keller, etc.)
Continuous Employment Development and Learning
Ongoing Advocacy, internal assets with HSE, Legal and HR teams and experts to aid in Employee Career Path and Advancement
Aetna & Kaiser Group Medical Coverage
Dental Insurance Coverage
Vision Insurance Coverage
Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
Long Term Disability
Voluntary Short-Term Disability
Access to Health Joy
GAP Medical Coverage
Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
Cenergy is a dynamic, diverse, woman-owned company that has provided stellar support to our clients globally for over 25 years! We hire extraordinary people, and each of our team members are encouraged to embody our core values to drive innovation and own it with integrity and trust while adding to our positive and forward-thinking atmosphere.