Houston, TX 77064 US
Uses professional procurement practices to obtain goods and services. Ensure high quality, cost effectiveness, and timely delivery of purchased items or services. Manage commodities that involve detailed / complex specifications and high cost.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviews requests for assigned materials, parts and/or services and verifies specifications. Sources components or services and ensures timely preparation and communication of RFQ (Request for Quote).
- Corresponds with approved suppliers to obtain price, specifications and delivery information. Analyzes and evaluates bids to determine optimum value.
- Negotiates price, quality and delivery, and terms, selects supplier and places purchase orders while assuring compliance to local and Corporate Operating Procedures and Ethical Code of Conduct.
- Expedites delivery of items by contacting vendors and shippers to ensure that merchandise, supplies and equipment are forwarded on specified shipping date.
- Ensures that a PO is created correctly (Vendor info, material, currencies, quantity, etc.), follows up any issues related to PO creation
- Track purchase order status by reviewing daily activity reports and resolves any past due orders, invoicing errors or interruptions in supply
- Assists other departments with problem resolution involving discrepancies between purchase order, delivered quantity, quality and/or price.
- Maintains supplier relationships on an on-going basis. Tracks computerized procurement records of items or services purchased, costs, on-time delivery, quality and performance. Evaluates supplier performance and recommends additions or deletions to the approved supplier database. Identifies and qualifies new suppliers.
- Works with operations and quality to establish product integrity, performance and delivery measures to be used in evaluating supplier performance in assigned area.
- Supports Sr Buyers and Global Category Buyers of an assigned category in the implementation of sourcing plans and tactics to effectively manage the assigned portfolio and associated activities
- Identifies cost savings opportunities and assists in developing innovative approaches to supply chain management to achieve yearly cost reduction targets set by executive team. Participates in setting objectives for projects
- Comply with all Company and HSE policies and procedures
- Coordinate contract agreements between suppliers and with collaboration with Procurement Manager/Supervisor
- Escalation of complex issues to Procurement Leader
- Works with Engineering to understand technical requirements needed for procured parts and collaborates and works with suppliers to ensure these requirements can be met
- Works with Commercial and Plant Operations teams in reviewing forecast and operations plans to ensure purchasing of goods and services are planned accordingly to meet demand.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
EDUCATION: Would prefer a bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, but it is not a requirement if they have work experience Minimum HS Diploma / GED
WORK HOURS: Can start between 7am - 8am and end between 4pm - 5pm (depending on start time)
STRICTLY ONSITE - NO REMOTE OR HYBRID OFFERED
MANAGER'S MOST IMPORTANT EXPERIENCE/SKILL SET BELOW: (ENSURE THIS IS CLEARLY DETAILED IN THE RESUME)
a. Strong negotiation skills
b. Excellent communication skills
c. Experience working in an MRP system, JDE preferred
d. Experience as a buyer in a production environment
e. This is a fast-paced environment so we need someone who is organized and comfortable with the fast pace
INTERVIEW SCHEDULING: Initial phone interview, then an in-person based on how the phone interview went
The pay range for this position is $25.00-32.00 per hour; however, the pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This pay information is being provided pursuant to applicable law and is based in part on market location.
Must have a valid driver s license and current state required minimum vehicle insurance coverage to drive onto Client and Company property.
The benefits available with this position include:
- Ongoing Training (RSO, Systems, Software Programs, OSHA Safety, JJ Keller, etc.)
- Continuous Employment Development and Learning
- Ongoing Advocacy, internal assets with HSE, Legal and HR teams and experts to aid in Employee Career Path and Advancement
- Aetna Group Medical Coverage & Kaiser for California only
- Dental Insurance Coverage
- Vision Insurance Coverage
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Direct Deposit
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
Cenergy is a dynamic, diverse, woman-owned company that has provided stellar support to our clients globally for over 25 years! We hire extraordinary people, and each of our team members are encouraged to embody our core values to drive innovation and own it with integrity and trust while adding to our positive and forward-thinking atmosphere.