Assembler/ Tester A (1st shift)
Jacksonville, FL 32254 US
Operates two or more production machines working from blueprints, sketches, and route sheets. Contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Works with general guidance in a team environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Accurately and efficiently assembles/tests a variety of moderately complex products to achieve customer quality and on-time delivery schedules. May perform lockwiring, first stage subassembly, and final detailing functions. Works on products that contain mechanical components, single hydraulic systems, and multiple part numbers. Actively contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Receives general supervisory guidance.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Performs moderately complex assembly/test functions utilizing mechanical skills, hand and power tools, mechanical/electronic tools, test equipment, assembly fixtures, and inspection measurement equipment in a manufacturing environment.
2. Records test results on data forms using moderately complex electrical equipment and flow measurement devices. May use X-Y recorders, oscilloscopes, transducers, and other related equipment.
3. Identifies malfunctions disclosed by test data and reworks as instructed.
4. Interprets blueprints, engineering orders, assembly routes, test specifications, service bulletins, customer requirements, and quality directives.
5. Produces and inspects assemblies that conform to product specifications. Assembles, tests, and/or solders to customer and/or industry standards.
6. Performs touch-up or full surface painting of parts with finishing materials such as paint, lacquer, glaze, etc. Mixes paint and cleans parts.
7. Actively participates in lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
8. May assist in training less experienced team members.
9. Observes all safety rules and maintains a foreign object damage (FOD) free work area.
10. Ensures all equipment is calibrated in accordance with calibration schedule.
11. May perform other related responsibilities.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Two or more years industry related experience in assembly/test in a manufacturing environment.
Demonstrate product and process knowledge by applying it to newly learned techniques.
Able to select appropriate procedures, techniques, tools, and equipment.
Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints, route sheets, and test specifications. Perform basic mathematical calculations, as well as demonstrate effective verbal, written, and basic computer skills.
Possess strong mechanical reasoning.
Able to implement and effectively apply lean initiatives.
Possess effective interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
Able to interpret reports and use standard business software applications. Able to use employee self-service to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.E. PMR, TORS, e-mail).
May require soldering certification per customer requirements.
Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal setting, performance feedback, and
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Must have a valid driver s license and current state required minimum vehicle insurance coverage to drive onto Client and Company property.
The pay range for this position is $ 17.00- $18.00 per hour; however, the pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This pay information is being provided pursuant to applicable law and is based in part on market location.
The benefits available with this position include:
- Ongoing Training (RSO, Systems, Software Programs, OSHA Safety, JJ Keller, etc.)
- Continuous Employment Development and Learning
- Ongoing Advocacy, internal assets with HSE, Legal and HR teams and experts to aid in Employee Career Path and Advancement
- Aetna & Kaiser Group Medical Coverage
- Dental Insurance Coverage
- Vision Insurance Coverage
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Access to Health Joy
- GAP Medical Coverage
- Direct Deposit
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
Cenergy is a dynamic, diverse, woman-owned company that has provided stellar support to our clients globally for over 25 years! We hire extraordinary people, and each of our team members are encouraged to embody our core values to drive innovation and own it with integrity and trust while adding to our positive and forward-thinking atmosphere.