Support the design, first article, production, test and system integration for all platforms. Assemblies will include surface mount as well as through hole technology and mechanical assembly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for manufacturing process development, implementation, and continuous improvement to enhance quality/yield, reduce cost, and improve productivity/schedule.
- Specify and implement automation equipment and processes.
- Identify and assist in addressing safety issues on the manufacturing floor.
- Support manufacturing production planning and coordination, execution and operations process development.
- Provide production support to assemblers and leads.
- Document manufacturing processes and assembly work instructions in conjunction with T&O Planning.
- Design shop aids and tooling to assist production.
- Disposition non-conforming parts, identify root cause, and implement corrective and/or preventive action to reduce scrap and rework.
- Collaborate with Design Engineering during prototype, development and first article manufacturing.
- Expertise in assembly methods and processes, including surface mount technology, through hole technology, mechanical assembly, and testing. Experience in both analog and digital technologies as well as a background with RF.
- Experience with development and deployment of manufacturing automation and remaining current with technology.
- Clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in written form to both technical and non-technical audiences, especially regarding manufacturing processes, engineering issues and proposed changes, and quality issues and dispositions.