We are looking for a contract videographer/photographer to work on a variety of video and photography projects, including an internal communications program up to 26 times a year, annual Safety Day videos, videotaping of sitewide Town Hall meetings, along with special projects including short documentaries/tour/news and community event-related videos, photos for internal newsletters, external websites and social media. Must have ability to produce, shoot and edit footage with an eye and ear for compelling storytelling, along with taking high-quality photos for both internal and external use.
The videographer/photographer works closely with the site External Affairs team, and is responsible for ensuring that the companies digital assets are consistent with branding guidelines and achieve the desired vision for communicating with both the internal and external audience of the refinery. The person must be able to handle short- and long-term assignments, to quickly turn around videos and to meet deadlines. We are seeking a self-starter who shows initiative with ideas for creative videos to be used for informative and entertainment purposes, and produce them in conjunction with External Affairs staff. This position provides the opportunity for autonomy and growth.
This position is Mon.-Thurs. 8-5 (32 hours per week), with the need for flexibility for some evening/weekend assignments.
Access to on-site studio with Mac computer, Nikon camera equipment, Sony SF5 video camera and Adobe Creative Cloud software.
General Description/Job Duty:
- Create quality multimedia storytelling using videography, photography and text that accurately informs, entertains and engages our team. Demonstrate high command of techniques and sophisticated craftsmanship in photo/video storytelling.
- Ensure the overall quality of deliverables, ensuring accurate and timely completion.
- Proficient experience in video editing software.
- Able to follow brand standards and creative direction.
- Produce, coordinate and execute studio production and location camera shoots.
- Manage all phases of video production, including setting up and conducting interviews and post-production.
- Set up photographic equipment.
- Capture subjects in commercial-quality photographs and photojournalistic candid style.
- Work closely with management team to facilitate production of projects as assigned.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, and produce them in conjunction with External Affairs staff.
- Flexibility to respond to spur of the moment requests for video and/or photography.