We are looking for an IT Software Specialist to manage all aspects of the software asset life-cycle and providing software technical support in a fast paced environment. The Software Specialist will serve as a central point of contact for IT commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) products while supporting a broad customer base.
- Receiving and reviewing IT procurement and application download requests from customers while monitoring purchase requisitions to ensure timely and accurate IT software delivery.
- Provide oversight of software standards, while researching customer solutions, including but not limited to, performance, risks, warranty, sizing criteria and licensing options.
- The candidate will support the management of the existing software inventory install base in the IDS environment to ensure compliance while driving out end-of-life software titles from the install base.
- The candidate will work regularly with all levels of staff across IT, cross-business teams and the software suppliers to ensure efficient management of software licenses and entitlements.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the implementation of and adherence to software standards, processes and tools for software licenses and inventory throughout the asset lifecycle (e.g. procurement through retirement)
- Assist IT Operation service improvements leveraging best practices and methodologies (e.g., ITIL, Six Sigma)
- Assist with license true-up and inventory efforts to comply with software corporate wide agreements (CWAs) and end-user license agreements (EULAs)
- Provide excellent customer service experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders and IT strategic partners within IDS
- Analyze service data and evaluate results to choose the best resolutions to customer service challenges
- Ensure all service activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives and software strategy of the IT organization