The Wireless Engineer III provides leadership and direction in the planning, design and delivery of wireless access point(AP) solutions and standards. The position is responsible for the selection and testing of wireless AP solutions providing integration design and operating standards with existing HFC and Access networks.
- Lead and direct the planning, design and support of Access Point solutions, inclusive of but not limited to Wi-Fi and mobile - pico, femto, DAS technologies.
- Establishing AP standards and specifications in collaboration with the companies business partners, vendors, CableLabs, IEEE and other industry standards bodies with compliance oversight.
- Defines KPIs, capacity planning and coverage models for all access point solutions.
- Analysis of solution or standard that includes and is not limited to reliability, operational and financial impact, inclusive of TCO.
- Coordinates vendor evaluations in the testing and selection of AP solutions.
- Leads the evaluation of wireless AP test and monitoring solutions partnering with RF Engineering and Operations.
- The company engineering AP SME for any and all Access Point activities including training and Tier5 Operational support.