Background & Role Description
The Rental Coordinator’s primary task is to minimize the exposure to unnecessary cost and risk incurred by the Company.
- Ensure the equipment is rented from the most cost-effective source available and in line with the site sourcing strategy.
- Ensure the billing rules are followed such that the most cost-effective billing option is presented by the supplier and paid by the company. (daily, weekly, monthly and annual options)
- Ensure the billing by the supplier is accurate and in line with the contract.
- Ensure the equipment is taken off rent in a timely fashion.
- Ensure any damage to the equipment is valued properly and billed to the responsible party in line with contract terms.
- Conduct or participate in routine performance meetings
- Establishing effective relationships with staff and contractors to insure the success of the program.
- Ensuring the equipment provided by supplier base is fit for purpose, safe and in good working conditions.
- Ensuring the equipment provided is properly maintained.
- Developing strategies to eliminate re-rents. (porta-johns and crane matts)
- Coordinate the sharing of equipment to minimize cost. (days rent versus weeks rent)
- Conducting periodic Total Control Training
- Eliminating waste in all forms.