This individual will provide Quality Engineering support to the assigned product team spanning the life cycle of the program; including design, development, production, test, and supplier support. An understanding of engineering drawings, specifications, and typical aerospace product assurance processes is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilizes engineering background and expertise to communicate quality requirements to product team members, in-house inspection personnel, and suppliers. Communicates quality issues to program and process management.
- Reviews engineering drawings for inspectability. Works with inspection process experts to develop special inspection techniques where necessary. Assures that fabrication and inspection requirements defined in engineering drawings/specifications are appropriate for the design and comply with customer and company quality requirements.
- Participates in design reviews with customers. Presents the product inspection plan describing how hardware acceptance processes will assure compliance with design, customer, and company requirements.
- Provides a clear and concise flow down of product definition and quality requirements to suppliers. Works closely with Supply Management and Supplier Quality to coordinate/resolve supplier issues.
- Reviews product nonconformances. Assure adequate nonconformance description and appropriate disposition. Handles and communicates deviations/nonconformances at different levels within the organization.
- Drives corrective and preventative action activity both in-house and at the supplier, and provides corrective action board support to manage timely and effective problem closure and recurrence control.
- Prepares comprehensive analyses, procedures, reports and presentations for both internal and external customers.