- Requires knowledge of printed wiring board assembly processes including Soldering; Cleaning; and Conformal coating and potting.
- Knowledge of IPC-J-STD-001 and NASA STD-8739 series specifications OR similar specifications.
- Knowledge of PWB fabrication procesess and specifications helpful.
This individual will provide program Quality Engineering support for assigned contracted programs spanning the life cycle of the program including design, development, production, test and supplier support.
Essential Job Functions:
- 20% - Utilizes engineering background and expertise to communicate between team members, customer counterparts, and suppliers, to provide assurance that the hardware is compliant to specification. Handles and communicates deviations/nonconformances at different levels within the organization. Understands and communicates typical aerospace processes (machining, welding, NDT, etc) and how they are applied to the hardware being manufactured.
- 20% - Applies modern quality principles, concepts and methods, including Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and process variation management tools to continuously improve processes, reduce cost, and ensure the Quality of our products and services.
- 10% - Interprets engineering drawings and specifications, customer quality requirements, and company quality requirements to ensure compliance with the customer's expectations.
- 10% - Drives corrective and preventative action activity both in-house and at the supplier, and provides corrective action board support to manage timely and effective problem closure and recurrence control.
- 10% - Participates in design reviews to identify inspectability and producibility issues and opportunities early in the product life cycle.
- 10% - Provides a clear and concise flow down of product definition and quality requirements to suppliers.
- 10% - Prepares comprehensive analyses, procedures, reports and presentations for both internal and external customers.
- 10% - Interfaces with the Material Review Board (MRB) to provide technical justification when a nonconformance to mutually agreed specifications is determined.