This position will directly report to the D&C Asset Manager and D&C Quality Manager. The primary responsibility of the position will be implementation of Hess D&C Quality System on the project and supervision of QA-QC activities as related to the assigned project. This will include supporting the project teams in project quality planning, proper implementing of Company QA-QC strategy, and driving the continuous improvement efforts though quality metrics.
- Provide QA-QC support to D& C team as assigned to ensure proper controls are in place to promote safety, increase operational efficiency, implement and support LEAN initiatives, and minimize non-productive time utilizing PDCA methodology.
- Provide feedback to D&C Asset Team & D&C Quality Manager on quality system implementation, effectiveness, and project performance including: Drilling, Completions, Fluids Management, Frac, and Coil Tubing Operations.
- Act as primary facilitator in building & supporting project quality plans (PQP)
- Communicate with the D&C teams and Global Supply Chain to ensure Quality requirements and standards are clearly identified in contracts, tenders, and purchase orders
- Perform audits at Contractor facilities/ Field sites of the Equipment, Material & Services provided within the project scope
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on contractor performance; provides recommendations to senior leadership on contractor / vendor use
- Review contractors’ Quality Management System, including Inspection Procedures & Test plans to ensure they meet the required standards and specifications per regional needs
- Input D&C non-productive time due to quality incidents into the online Quality Event Management System (QEMS)
- Continually monitor quality incidents for trends and ensure mitigation activities are applied within the project. Notifies Operations and Quality Manager of significant problems.
- Conduct, document and follow up on Root Cause investigations as well as Non Conformance issues with Contractors as necessary.
- Identify and document the support network of Quality personnel in region, agencies, and inspectors to support operational needs
- Participate in Contractor End of Quarter Reviews, Performance Reviews and Improvement Reviews
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the D&C Asset Team & D&C Global Quality team
- Assist Global Supply Chain with contractor selection by evaluating capabilities, performance, potential risks, and Quality System for content in accordance with Hess vendor qualification guidelines
- Maintain all Quality Assurance Documentation, Standards, References, Procedures, and Policies on Company internal SharePoint for this region.
- Minimum travel of up to 12 hrs per week in support of audits, investigations and assessments, extended work days may be required