The Desktop Support Specialist's role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's client computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware, software, and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quickly perform remote and onsite diagnosis, resolution, and escalation of end user incidents related to desktop hardware, applications, access requirements, networking, and mobile devices, while consistently maintaining high levels of quality and customer service.
- Fulfil service requests by needed due date to install, move, add, or change existing hardware, software, or access needs.
- Receive and respond to incoming tickets, calls, IMs, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
- Diligently maintain accurate documentation of work steps, communications, escalations, and resolutions in ticket tracking system.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding standard operating procedures.
- Work with Asset Management to maintain inventory of all laptops, desktops, monitors, docking stations, and other components and equipment, complying with standards for deployment, collection, and disposal of assets.
- Identify and provide input to problem trends with the goal to stabilize and improve user experience.
- Assist with in-house training sessions as needed.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.