Provides highly detailed Accounting/Finance support as a member of the International Finance group in Houston. Works directly with the Corporate Accounting group and indirectly with the foreign business locations. Requires continuous use of Finance, technical, and business terminology and methods coupled with detailed knowledge of the Company's foreign operations. Within established parameters, makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling of own work. Frequently coordinates work with several other staff members. Work is complex and often confidential in nature.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the collection, calculation, and dissemination of information related to the International Time Writing process and system.
- Serves as process/system owner for the entire process.
- Review of accounts as required.
- Field questions from other groups relative to area of responsibility.
- Collects and disseminates information relative to the monthly, quarterly (10Q) and annual (10K) processes (Lease Commitments, Well Data, Suspended Exploration Costs, etc.)
- Prepares presentations/projects using Powerpoint, Excel, etc.
- Creates and maintains reports and spreadsheets as required.
- Collects, scans/copies, and distributes accounting data to foreign locations is support of audit coordination (Government, Partner, Internal, etc.) and the monthly accounting process
- Maintains historical files for; general ledger and vouchers for International payments